“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.”
(Hebrews 11:1, 3, NKJV)
1. God: We believe there is one God, who has existed forever as three co-equal and eternal persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (1 Timothy 2:5; Matthew 3:16,17; Psalm 90:2).
2. The Bible: We believe that the entire Bible (from Genesis to Revelation) was put by God, into men’s minds, who wrote it down with their own words and style. It is the only written Word of God. It is true and without error in all that it says. It is the only faultless authority in Christian faith and everything to do with living the Christian life (2 Peter 1:20,21; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17).
3. Jesus Christ: We believe that our Lord Jesus Christ was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of a Virgin, and is truly Son of God and Son of Man in one person (Matthew 1:18, 20 – 23; Colossians 2:9).
4. Man: We believe man is different from every other living creature. Man is unique as a moral, thinking being created in the image of God. The historic fall of man into sin, (through the first man Adam) brought all people under God’s judgment (Genesis 1:27; Romans 5:18,19; Romans 6:23).
5. The Cross: We believe that the Lord Jesus died and shed His blood for our sins according to the scriptures. He died as our substitute, that all who believe this and accept Him as their personal Savior are saved from God’s divine judgment (Romans 5:8 – 10; John 3:16, 17; 2 Corinthians 5:21).
6. The Resurrection: We believe in the physical, personal resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead, who ascended to heaven, and is presently there as our intercessor and advocate (Luke 24:34 – 43; 1John 2:1; Romans 8:34).
7. Only Way of Salvation: We believe that Jesus Christ is the only Savior. There is no other way to receive forgiveness of sins. God invites people to respond to Him as Savior and Lord in a personal commitment of repentance and faith (John 14:6; Acts 4:12; John 8:24).
8. Return of Christ: We believe the Lord Jesus Christ is coming very soon to take all true believers to be with Him. There will be a bodily resurrection of all deceased believers and the rapture of all living believers. Later, He will also return personally and visibly to this earth to set up His kingdom (1 Thessalonians 4:13 – 17; Matthew 24:29, 30).
9. Rejection of Christ: We believe all who have rejected God’s free offer of salvation in His Son will be judged and receive everlasting punishment and separation from God’s presence (John 3:16 – 18, 36; Revelation 20:10-15).
10. The Holy Spirit: We believe that the Holy Spirit convicts people of sin, leads them to be spiritually born again, comes to live in the believer, and guides them in their Christian life (Romans 8:9,14; John 16:7-9; John 14: 16,17, 26).
11. The Church: We believe that the church (all Christians) is the dwelling place of God through the Holy Spirit and that all believers should come together with Christ for the purpose of worship, prayer, exposure to the scriptures, and fellowship, and then go out to a lost world with the gospel. Believers have the responsibility to maintain moral and doctrinal purity within the church (1 Corinthians 3:16, 17; Acts 2:42-47; 2 Corinthians 5:18 – 20; 1 Corinthians 5:12,13).